Medical Nutrition Therapy is a therapeutic approach to preventing and treating disease with healthy nutrition that is meant to supplement your physician-prescribed treatment. It will help you lower your blood sugar, blood pressure, blood cholesterol levels and weight (if needed), and potentially reduce the amount of medications you would have needed without it.
Our programmes are highly personalized, to ensure your plan puts into consideration your unique circumstances, food preferences (including Nigerian foods) and budget.
- Diabetes Prevention Programme
- Pre-Diabetes Nutrition Programme
- Diabetes Nutrition Programme
- Gestational Diabetes Programme (for pregnant women)
- DASH Diet Programme (for hypertension)
Diabetes Prevention Programme
This program is for individuals at high risk of developing diabetes, to help them prevent it or at least delay its development to a greater age. Diabetes is a very expensive condition to manage and is associated with numerous complications, so it is imperative that it be prevented for those at high risk. Find out your risk level, by taking the test here Diabetes Risk Assessment Test.
Pre-Diabetes Nutrition Programme
This programme helps to normalize you blood glucose levels, if you are pre-diabetic, that is, your fasting blood glucose (blood glucose first thing in th morning before eating) is elevated (between 100 and 125mg/dL), but you are not diabetic yet.
With this programme, we can help you prevent the progression to full blown diabetes without the need for medications;or worst case scenario, delay the need for medications. If you are overweight or obese, this programme would help you achieve the necessary weight loss.
Diabetes Nutrition Programme
This programme is aimed at helping you regulate your blood sugar values through food. It will also help lower your cholesterol levels if they are elevated. If you are overweight or obese, this programme would also address that. We ensure that your meals remain tasty and satisfying.
Gestational Diabetes Nutrition Programme
If you are pregnant and have been told your blood glucose are elevated, this programme is for you. Elevated blood glucose is not only harmful to you, but to your baby as well. It is therefore paramount that you get it under control, while still taking it in the required nutrition for you and your baby.
DASH Programme (for Hypertension)
DASH stands for Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension. Our proramme, helps to lower your blood pressure, cholesterol levels and weight (if needed) through dietary means. It can also prevent development of hypertension, if you are currently managing diabetes, high cholesterol or have prehypertension (blood pressure between 120-139/81-89mmHg)
- One-on-one online consultation with the nutrtionist
- A personalized meal plan along with a shopping list. We ensure we wotk with foods (including Nigerian foods) you are comfortable with and within your budget.
- Healthy snacking options
- Exercise guide
- The nutrition book, "What Should I be Eating?"
- Access to the Nutritionist, to answer your questions and help you through any challenges.
- Weekly check up and progress up-dates by the nutritionist, to monitor your progress and ensure you stay on track.